Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Excess


When you have more paint than you know what to do with and you can’t exactly put it back into the pot what happens?  Spontaneous art.  Impatient art.  Strange effects that can only happen when you are not sure what you are doing.  However, if this is the product of letting go then perhaps I need to hold on just a little tighter.

There is a difference between being flexible enough to let that Inspiring Grace to guide me and completely letting go of everything and not making any effort to align myself to Universal Creative Power.  This is the product of the later and it lacks the same ‘something’ I’ve been missing this week.

I could have crumpled it up and thrown it away.  I could have over-painted it and nobody would have known what I did.  But something has been telling me to keep putting these efforts out there.  They might suck but there is something about sucking that is part of the process as well.  Through these mishaps and mistakes I believe there is still a kernel of truth...of hope.  And that’s a good enough reason to create bad art.

No comments:

Post a Comment