Monday, November 8, 2010

All that is Gold


I love stamps but it's hard to get the in the middle of Nairobi.  In frustration I decided to revert to an old childhood idea of using potato stamps.  I love how this worked out and although I had forgotten to do that background before stamping away, I was able to add a layer of yellow paint mixed with glazing medium.  

Oddly enough this print reminds me of 60's curtain fabric.  I wondered if I could do it on a piece of cloth to see if I would get the same effect but the downside of potato stamps is how quickly they deteriorate.  It's a lesson in creativity with speed.

The vellum was a gift from a friend and I have a whole roll of it.  Didn't know what to do with it until I saw some scrapbook ideas that used it to cover pictures or write text.  I printed this on my home printer and cut it out then fastened it with eyelets.  I love the quote by Tolkien and got really lucky when I found the Free Font Aniron too.  I'd say this was a happy convergence but I prefer SERENDIPITY.

No comments:

Post a Comment