Friday, June 18, 2010

Splattered Hope

This is by far my favourite page so far.

It was inspired by television once again. I was watching 'The Human Target' and saw the starting title. Their splatter is a little gorier (is that a real word?) but I really liked the idea of the intentional mess. Figuring out how I was going to do it was a little more interesting. but I clearly got that right. The outcome is wonderful...if I don't say so myself.

I like how the lettering came out. When I started this, I only knew I wanted the writing to be in white and I had the quote already prepared. Cutting out the stencil for the larger letters took a little while but it was worth it just to see it come out so nicely when using acrylic paint dabbed on carefully. The other letters were written in white ink and a standard stencil just to avoid my scraggly handwriting.

I'm thinking of framing this one and putting it up where I can see it every day. That way it can serve as a continued inspiration and a reminder to keep striving for something greater than what I already have.

No comments:

Post a Comment