Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Axis of Joy

As a fledgling art journal keeper, I have had to find inspiration wherever I can. I love the thousands of books available on the subject and have only started collecting mine...beginning with '1000 Artist Journal Pages' and the works of Danny Gregory: 'Everyday Matters' 'Creative License' and 'An Illustrated Life'. But while a book can give you some great ideas, I have found most of my practical inspiration from [wait for this...] You Tube.

Just by typing in 'art journal' I've found hundreds of pages...some useful and others not. Regardless, it has helped me learn more about the practice and techniques and given me a little more confidence.
This is my version of a challenge placed on one of the many videos (unfortunately, I do not remember the exact one but I'll keep checking until I find it). I think it came out really well and I was happy with the final product. I'm thinking about framing it and putting it up where I can see it all the time. It will remind me that anything is possible...and it's always best when I feel good about whatever is happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment