Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Take a Chance

take a chance 8.5 x 8.5 in mixed media

I have made a life out of being cautious to the point of failing to do anything at all.  Taking risks, taking chances or even considering that there are things out there I might want to know about makes my heart skip a beat...then stop.  I thought I could be less afraid if I started a blog and told other people what I was thinking and what I was doing.  I realised that I only show the safe things...the good things.

Relax, I;m not about to start washing my dirty laundry out in public and making everyone slightly uncomfortable.  But maybe I will take a chance and try out for an open mic night or do a painting that isn't safely classified as an art journal page.  Who knows, I might get back to my writing and actually try and get something published.

So many risks to take and so little heart to do them in.  I'm going to have to face my fears.  I just wish that wasn't one of the many chances I have to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment