Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Zentangle Introduction

Zentangles are interesting.  I fully agree with the idea that they can be therapeutic but I can see how figuring out where to start and finish can be difficult.  I was particularly happy to try my hand at whatever came to mind but this tutorial also helped me figure out a few things about these mini-doodles.  With this in mind...

 3.5 x 3.5in with coloured pencil 

This attempt was my first try and while some ideas were original most were taken from the tutorial or other people's work.  I thought adding colour would help but I don't really like it.  So here's attempt number two:

3.5 x 3.5 in graphite pencil

This attempt was a little better but the pencil still wasn't working for me.  I've since made a few discoveries but it's still nice to know where I came from.  I'm just working on improving my Zentangle vocabulary from here on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment