Thursday, January 22, 2015

The Beginning Again


      It’s the new year and everything is magic, right?  It doesn’t feel like that for me.   It feels like the last year was only a few days ago and I am pretty much the same person I was then.  The date on the calendar might have changed (like it does every day) but I haven’t.  Yet it feels like I have to embrace this New Year with something equally new and exciting otherwise I’m letting myself down in some unknown cosmic fashion.
     That is why, even though the magic escapes me, I have decided to start posting on my blog like I intended to when I first registered for it two and half years ago.  New beginning can happen at any time(and I make a point of embracing them whenever it feels right).  The beginning of another year is just convenient and there is nothing wrong with taking advantage of that.  So if I cannot embrace the magic of the new year…perhaps I can embrace a personal intention that has been lingering in the back of my mind for far too long.
    It doesn’t hurt that there are things I want to say; ideas I want to express.  In the style of Tracey Dawson, a Sony Pictures television writer, my theme for 2015 is ‘PUT IT OUT THERE’.  It finished first in a close race with ‘That comfort zone will kill you.’  Both are compelling reasons to do this.  Both would have felt a little strange at any other time of the year. Perhaps there is something serendipitous in play here.
     All around me are the calls to make 2015 the best year of my life.  Advice is pouring into my mailbox on how to make the right plans and great resolutions so that I have the best chance at success.  But I can tell you it isn’t easy.  So I’m doing something small; posting once a week on Wednesdays.  Every other week will include a book review for something I have read as I embark on Good Reads 2015 Reading Challenge which is a great way to kill two birds with one stone.
     I intend to do something.  I hope it is something good.

No comments:

Post a Comment