Saturday, March 21, 2009

Legendary Phoenix

I haven't had time to do my illustration for this weeks IF but that was because I was doing a different kind of art - this time I was the canvas instead of the artist and I now have a LEGENDARY Pheonix permanently etched into the skin of my wrist. It was done on Thursday and the picture was taken immediately after it was complete.

Meaningful and magical, the phoenix has featured in many myths about its origin and symbolism check out http://www.santharia.com/bestiary/phoenix.htm. It also has significance in every major religion and ancient civilisation and was not only a sign of eternity and rebirth but also rising our of adversity.

The sight I love for tattoos is Tattoo Tribe and their explanation for each tattoo is very comprehensive. While I loved their ideas, they are a bit complicated and I wanted something small so I chose a rather simple line version. I think it came out really well.

It is inspiring and beautiful and since it is part of my spiritual development, I think I am on the right track. Here it is...

No comments:

Post a Comment