Friday, May 21, 2010

Haiku on Display

The first few pages I did were inspired by the Haiku I was writing (and still am working on). I wanted to put the simple poems in a place that gave them the fullness of their character. Again, it was a desire born of hope rather than skill and this was what came of it:
This time I used Gesso to put in the words and it was slightly better but it still wasn't the effect I wanted. The branches were a little thin so the words are kinda squashed together - okay representationally but really hard to read. I did like how the swirls turned out in the sky but they were so easily obscured...

Learning on the job has its perks and I guess this is just part of the process but do I ever wish it was easier.

1 comment:

  1. what fun! i love the colors and especially the haiku!

    ReplyDelete